Monday, April 16, 2007

A glimpse into my crystal ball...


Most of the time I look into the faces of my boys and I see them in the moment, in their glorious small child spunkiness. Some days, I get a moment, just a glimpse, and I see something in a face, a gesture, a smile - and I see the face of who they will become. You know how it is when you look at small child photos of your partner/spouse and you just see some perfect replica of a feature in there, and can tell that it is them immediately? It is almost like that, the recognition...

The boys decided to play ring around the rosy together, got too hot running around, and took off their shirts. They ran a bit longer, and then sat on the couch to relax. They had this little joking/talking easy rapport going and were laughing with each other. That is when it happened for me...they were chattering away and relaxed and I could just see their faces in 10-15-20 years. It lasted just a moment, and then was gone.

Sometimes I think about it and wonder what they will look like, what they will be like... But for now, I will just look into the faces of my amazing little guys, and take the little glimpse here and there of the amazing people they will become.

No comments: