Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pedal!!!


I have so many things I want to blog about, but I couldn't pass by the photos from today. It was in the mid-40's and sunny!!!!! That of course means we Wisconsin folk were outside without our heavy coats, working in our yards, shoveling the ice/snow melt, and out chit-chatting with neighbors.

The boys played outside on the deck for a long time in the warm sun, and we were even able to dry our big project of the day outside on a rack. Ahh.


This evening A's bike was back in from the shop after getting new tires and a tune up. So we went outside so the boys could ride for a bit. It was still 43 degrees! G loved riding again. A was SO SO SO happy. He learned to ride without training wheels early last summer, but I wasn't sure how it would go hopping on the bike for the first time in 4 or 5 months. He was awesome, and even faster than last year. Is this a happy boy or what?

As the boys rode their bikes up and down the sidewalk neighbors jogged by in shorts and t-shirts. We are supposed to have some rain and snow tonight, but we sure enjoyed our sneak peek today!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

No kidding, wasn't it great! My kids went to bed so much better tonight too. It will come after all, yippy!

Lizz said...

Spring's coming Mama and your kids feel it!

World Wide Alternative said...

Way too cute boys! Xxx

Tara said...

I love the constrast of little boys on bikes, with snow drifts in the background. Here's hoping for some more 43 degree plus days for you all!

dawn klinge said...

I still remember some of those first bike rides of the year once the snow started to melt when I was little. It' always such an exciting time. Your boys look so cute and happy on their bikes. Have a great weekend.

Michelle said...

Here in Saskatchewan, Canada, we still have snow covered roads so i pulled the vehicle out of the garage and let my little girl ride her bike in the relative warmth.Spring can be too far off can it?

Anonymous said...

Wheeee! I love the rosy cheeks and happy faces!

I remember from when I lived in Montana that the minute the weather got above 40 you'd see people walking around in tee-shirts and springy clothes.