Sunday, November 04, 2007

It is that time again!


Can you feel it coming? The last push of crafting, sewing, creating, making (and repeating) of hand crafted gifts for the holidays?

I always try to not be *that* relative that gives crazy homemade things that no one would ever want or use. I try to be the *wow* relative that gives handmade/homemade things that look like they match each personality and that people keep and carry/use happily (or eat and really enjoy). This year I have a nice list of things to make. My biggest challenge each year is to find creative things to make for men and kids - the gals are pretty easy. I think I have some cool ideas this time - we'll see how it goes.

I have been collecting fabric all summer/fall, and have recently added to my stash. I have some specific plans for the batch shown above - I'm itching to start.

Anyone else making gifts this year? What?

2 comments:

Sally said...

I can't wait to see what you make! This will be our first official "crafting" year with the girls, but all will be super simple -- bags, and as usual, something to fill the tummy (one of my favorite kinds of gifts!)

Lizz said...

Oh thanks for getting me excited! I look forward to seeing what you're planning.

We always do a handmade holiday and it is getting smaller and more meaningful as each year goes by.

Our new vision is "handmade fun and gifts for everyone all year for no reason!" I feel alot less stress this way, especially since I have so much to make always.