Tuesday, November 27, 2007

8 things.


Lizz at Red Dirt Mother tagged me for this meme.


Rules:
*link to the person who tagged you
*post the rules
*name 8 things others don't know about you
*link to 8 other bloggers


I don't usually talk much about the personal me ... to tell of things in the past, well, it is past and what does that mean now. To tell of what I wish for the future, well, we all have plans, goals, thoughts, but if it isn't realized this moment, then is it me? So to tell of the me today would be the only true insight. But then that doesn't make for a very exciting and unique list. ||yes, I edited--it was too much for me|| But I'll try. :)


1-I am tall. I was 5'10" by 4th grade, and 6' by 6th grade.

2-I don't enjoy drama or chaos. I need a peaceful, drama-free, clean environment and life. I don't mean a clean house (well, that helps), but a clean/peaceful mind.

3-I was a twirler in my youth - and as I hit my 20s and my arts college period, I performed twirling knives and fire at funky variety shows, nightclubs, and opened for Chicago bands.

4-I have several tattoos. One on my leg I got 10 years ago, and it is still very relevant to me today. It is from a painting by Lady Frieda Harris from about 1940. Here is a rough idea of its meaning:

Nuith pours the cosmic water of life over her head with her right hand and transmits it to the earth with the cup in her left hand. In the left upper corner is the Star, representing hope for the future and humanity. It represents hope, spiritual insight, clarity of vision, rebirth. She links us to our higher selves - being open to the universe, while remaining grounded. In Egyptian mythology, Nuith was the goddess of the sky and all heavenly bodies, and a symbol of resurrection and rebirth.


5-I am allergic to the world. Well, slight exaggeration. The list of allergies/sensitivities is ridiculously long and includes everything from paper products, to synthetic fragrance, most pesticides/herbicides, non-organic milk, lanolin, most house paints, many dyes, food additives, and the list goes on and on (and on) and basically encompasses every single thing in my life. But we live in a green built home, buy and use food/products carefully, and avoid triggers as much as possible while still living in a city - to keep it balanced. And that works most of the time.

6-I have always been a singer-since I can remember and have performed most of my life...sometimes when I hear a melody the words just appear in my head. Entire songs just flow in there and I can hear every single word and all of the music. When that happens I usually get goosebumps/shake, and I am brought to tears. It is an intense feeling.

7-I was a vegan for 9 years, and as vegetarian for many more. I do eat some meat now, but only from pasture raised free range animals (we buy from a local farmer whose farm we have visited).

8-I hope to live off the grid, have chickens, goats and bees, grow much of our own food, and have some acres. I think this frightens my husband. ;)

Now I must tag 8 others--there are soooooooo many interesting people out there that I would love to know more about. The thought of picking a varied and interesting group sounds like fun, so here it goes: Chole at Just Another Blog, Tiffany at Yurts N Dogs, Jodi at Daybook, Tara at Periwinkles and Pine, the mama at Adventures in Living and Learning, Elisheva at Ragamuffin Studies, and Cami at FullCircle. Ohp. 7. I need one more. So, tag, YOU are it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. You think this wasn't interesting?

denise said...

Well, I wanted to tag YOU for #8, but deleted it at the last moment...figuring you had bigger "fish to fry" in the grand scheme of the universe. :)

Lizz said...

Oh wow, it's so great to know about you! Thanks for playing along.

tiff said...

I am so jealous...you are tall...I am short. Oh and your tatoo...oh how to have such a meaningful marking on your body...now that is COOL!

You are so interesting.

Chole White said...

pfff, wanna lone be a few bloggers to tag? I'm not popular enough to know 8 others darn it!

Jodi Anderson said...

Oh, this is much fun. Plus, now I have you added as a Flickr friend! ;)

Thanks for tagging me. I'll work on it today and see if I can come up with eight things for tomorrow's post.

Anonymous said...

Denise, all my fish are little, and I've done this meme but dazzled no one:

http://mommazen.blogspot.com/2007/08/pieces-of-eight.html

And now it's all old news!

Brice said...

8-I hope to live off the grid, have chickens, goats and bees, grow much of our own food, and have some acres. I think this frightens my husband. ;)

Nope, not at all. As long as we have Internet access. And computers. ;-)