Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Giving Thanks.


Who knew this parenting gig was going to be such a wild ride. It shatters illusions, keeps us on our toes, forces us to adapt to constant change, demands focus and attention, asks us to remain in the moment, challenges all of our preconceived ideas of who we think we are and what we think about things, and awakens feelings in us we never knew we had (yes, of course LOVE and JOY, but also MANY others) .


Well, my time is running out. I have two half clothed boys chasing each other at full speed around the table, shrieking at the top of their lungs, fighting over a clear plastic soap mold, or as they call it, the "blub blub". I know each of you have these moments every day (or hour). And while they are relentless and constantly changing (the moment here has now moved on to a wild struggle with swim goggles), these moments are our lives. In this week of thanks, I am thankful for this life - every single moment of it - no matter how it comes charging at me.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading and loving your blog for a while now, and I finally decided to comment ;)
This post resonates with me...so so true. It makes me pause for a moment and remember to be thankful for this wonderful life I have, screaming baby and all!
Thank you!

Jodi Anderson said...

That second photos just SLAYS ME; I love it!!

Lizz said...

Happy and Giving Thanks to you too Mama Denise!

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

What wonderful little people to be thankful for--and for all of the feeling they evoke. All of them!

Have a wonderful Turkey day!

Anonymous said...

With a deep bow to you too.