Saturday, January 05, 2008

Firsts.


He's been asking to do it. Wanting to do it. Asked about a class, classes, isn't there a class, can't I take a class, when can I take a class...so today, first class. He must have fallen 30 times in 30 minutes, but is excited about next time and talked about skating all night. A isn't much of a follow the group kind of kid and gets a bit nervous about new things and change - so for him to have this enthusiasm and excitement after the first class means he really liked it.

Tonight after his bath, all snuggled in a towel, he was talking about it again and said, gosh, he's been waiting to be in this class for AGES and he sure is glad it finally started so he can learn to skate (geesh, giving me a hard time, eh? ;) ).


Well. He's growing up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud.

Lizz said...

That is very exciting indeed.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

It looks like great fun.

I remember learning to skate in a rink Parks and Rec made by flooding a basketball court next to the swimming pool at the local park. The bathhouse was the warming room, and they sold hot chocolate and popcorn in there. I can still taste the warm, slightly stale popcorn and the watery hot chocolate that warmed you up all the way down!

Skating is lots of fun. I am glad A gets to enjoy it.