Thursday, September 13, 2007

CSA Box This Week.

Today my husband ran in to get our CSA box while I sat in the car with the boys - mosquitoes were swarming! I love the look and color and shape of vintage tractors, so I took a pic.


Ok, I quickly hung out the window, snapped several shots, and then closed it quickly as the boys shrieked MOSQUITOES COMING IN!!!!!! I love the tractor shots.


We have so many tomatoes, and with a big project this week I am behind on getting them stored! Tomorrow is food prep day - we are going to slice, cook, freeze, dehydrate, and blanch lots of stuff. Should be a perfect day for it. And then this weekend we have a tomato u-pick (yum) and hopefully go pick...APPLES!

This week in our box: Eggplant, tomato mix bag, tomatillos, radishes, cauliflower, red & yellow onion, potato medley, garlic, cilantro. There were also some yummy extras to choose from - peppers!

I love tomatillos, jalapenos, cilantro...MMMMM. None of THAT is going towards fall storage!

2 comments:

Lizz said...

I have one word for you-

SALSA !

denise said...

EXACTLY! I made a batch this afternoon and it has been sitting in its own juices for hours...YUM.