Tuesday, August 02, 2011

steaming up.


I went outside to take some pictures of a beautiful sunset. It was so hot and humid that my camera fogged up instantly, and no matter how long I stood there and waited it just wouldn't clear. I took photos anyway, looking at the foggy burned look I got in the viewfinder.


I watched the whole sunset, and saw the orange ball fall below the horizon. The birds and insects screamed, the houses quiet, the concrete still hot under my feet. I think I'll leave it at that.

5 comments:

Francesca said...

that's some hot and humid weather!

Helena said...

Magic, Denise :)

Tara said...

These capture the hot, steamy end of the day so well - foggy camera lens is a nice effect!!

Hope you get some relief soon :)

Shady Lady said...

Well it certainly made for some cool looking photos!! I hope you get some relief soon...

Stephanie said...

Wow!!
So hot that it was steamy!
yowza.

We've had wonderful weather here, I'm chagrined to say... highs in the low to mid eighties! :/

I love the green and purple header! Just beautiful.
And the steamed pics, too. :)