Wednesday, August 03, 2011

brothers.


This is how I find them several times a day. I leave the room to grab snacks or fold some laundry and when I return there they are, heads close together, talking, working on something, giggling, reading, whispering. Today they were watching a Bill Nye DVD we picked up from the library, snuggled up. While they disagree on some things they are still and always, best friends. Brothers.


"Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore."
~Hindu Proverb

++

I love taking photos of them together it seems!
Here are some previous posts of - you guessed it - brothers::

brothers ('11) | it doesn't get better than this | super heroes |
masters of disguise | brothers ('09) |
photo of the day - brothers
| brothers (2007!!!!!!!!!) |

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I always love your Brothers posts. :)
So, so lovely.

And that pic makes me cool to see it... pj's and a nice, air-conditioned room. :)

denise said...

It is funny...the main reason I did a search to see how many posts I did of 'brothers' is because I wondered how many of the photos were of them in their pj's. :D

It has been really (really) hot so we have been enjoying inside air conditioning this past few weeks!

swig said...

lovely portraits of a great relationship!

MJ said...

I had to smile as I have the same picture of my son and daughter I snapped earlier this week. All I kept wondering about is how would it have been if I didn't keep them at home together, with me. Yes of course they argue and pick at each other, but most of the time I find them like this, like your boys. It warms me up inside :). Thanks for sharing.
xx oo

Anonymous said...

lately it seems that all my boys do is bicker. some days are so exasperating, but....every now and then i find them sitting together chatting about whatever, far away in their own little universe, perfectly happy to be with one another, completely in tune, in love....i really cherish those fleeting moments :)

Shady Lady said...

This is sooooo beautiful!! Having an only, I don't get to experience either side of the sibling thing. And I hear all the time about the rivalry, the constant arguing. How loverly to see your boys like this. Simply beautiful...

Ingi said...

Beautiful. That's one of the things I love about homeschooling - my kids get to be together and enjoy each other (well, most of the time!). Thankyou so much for sharing!