Tuesday, December 30, 2008

lovely days at home.


I don't think there is much I like more than those in between days. Days at home, puttering, baking, creating, playing, being silly, singing, reading lots of books, hanging out, making stuff, and just, well, enjoying life. I always like the last week in December. It usually snows, gets really cold, and we settle in and get used to winter, which will now sink in for a few good long months.



We have been busy at home. Lots of lego building and fun science projects (well, A doesn't like the glowing germ gel with the blacklight...ahem...don't ask).


A LOT of trampoline jumping.


Headlamp wearing in the dark (ooh, fun!).


Spinny art making.


Snowball fights and fort (re) building.


Baking and soup making, coffee drinking while reading those crisp new seed catalogs, and watching the birds out the windows.

I hope you all are enjoying some downtime after the hustle of the holidays.

15 comments:

tiff said...

oh how lovely your 'in between days' look...i really think A & G and K & R would get along famously...headlamps, lego's, snow, art oh my!

coffee and seed catalogs is always a good way to spend those dark cold days...HOPE!

Sarah said...

Looks lovely. We've been very, very busy with lots of visiting friends and relatives. No "in between days" for us this year. Not sure how I like it.

Joy said...

Great shots! I especially love the headlamp picture. It looks like your family is enjoying the holiday down time. :)

Stephanie said...

It can get a bit -er, terrifying- to see all those millions of little tank-looking monster thingies that live on our skin!
Thankfully, in my somewhat germaphobe head can look past that one with a blase' c'est la vie!
We read not too long ago that there are more things living on our skin at any given time than there are people in the world. :)

Lisa Zahn said...

Lovely photos. Looks like fun. I wish our mini trampoline was clean enough to bring inside but since it's an outside toy in the summer it's pretty gross. I'll maybe work on that, as it sounds fun and good for squirmy kids.

Tara said...

All good ways to recharge the batteries before the New Year!!
Enjoy the relaxed pace of winter ;)

Lynch Family said...

Oh spinny art! I LOVE those things, we still make gifts with Evie's often--such good times at your house!

mandaroo63 said...

It all sounds wonderful! Violet saw your header (with all that snow) and said "Oh, lucky!" Sounds like you guys keep busy with lots of fun stuff while inside.

Anonymous said...

days in pajamas, snuggling with puppy...so yes, all's good over here, too! :)

Love the creativity going on over there, great pic's!

Dawn said...

Sounds and looks like lots of fun....it's the days that we just "be" that mean so much to me. Those are the precious times and the ones I miss so much when we get busy.

Happy New Year to you and your family!!

:)

dawn klinge said...

I love these types of days as well. I need to get me some crisp new seed catalogs and start dreaming. That's a great photo with the headlamp! Happy new year; I wish you all the best!

Anonymous said...

happy New Year, I love your blog, thanks for share
Feliz ano nuevo!!!

Anonymous said...

sounds wonderful. looks wonderful and delicious (the cookies). we're doing pretty much the same.

Darla said...

I love the spinning art! I have never seen this. Where did you find?

denise said...

Darla - I have seen them at stores here and there, but I bought this one at the Discovery Store (http://shopping.discovery.com/product-53977.html?endecaSID=11E97CF521BC).