Wednesday, May 07, 2008

More Gnomes!


I don't know what it is, but while we are all pretty happy and busy, I'm also just wiped out! Could be the tons of work, lack of sleep, and hours of manual labor in the yard (hmmm)...I definitely need a creative boost (or a vacation!). So rather than having a post *about* something today, well, here are more garden/gnome shots.


A said my photo yesterday wasn't low enough, so today I knelt in the mud for my sweet boy and got a better shot. A's has the mushroom, and G's has a flower. They really like the gnomes - both boys have elaborate stories about each one.


So many things are close to blooming in the yard, I can't wait! Now, off to work on re-charging my creative batteries (with library books)! How do you re-charge?

10 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Those gnomes are so cute. I hope you post lots of pictures of your yard when things start blooming. I also like to recharge with books...in fact I need to get off the computer so I have a little time to read before I go to sleep.

Lizz said...

The miwife in me says...Are you pregnant Mama?



Recharging for me is a good book, good meal, good company, good laughter, good hotspring soak, good views...and then...I feel GOOD.

Anet said...

Cute Gnomes, I would love to hear the boy's stories of them! I too love to recharge with some fresh library books, sitting on the porch swing with a glass of Iced mint tea!

Stephanie said...

Oh yeah, I love a fresh stack of library books. (I LOVE our local library system, too, it is so nice.)

I like to recharge with reading or sewing. Or just sitting on my couch or front step, by myself, for 10 minutes or so...a mini break in the middle of the day.

the gnomes are awesome.

Sharon said...

I recharge with books, blogs, stillness, and if none of that works.....chocolate ice cream!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear your boys' stories about their gnomes as well! I bet those gnomes have some grand adventures :)

Michelle said...

I like to recharge near the end of the day by cooking a great meal with a wonderful Cabernet!

Kat said...

Strong, smelly coffee.

And unfortunately, the internet. :)

Lisa Anne said...

I always have a pile of books by my bed, but my favorite way to recharge is to take a long walk in the woods by myself and sit and meditate, or I take a very long bath with a book and Hauschka's Lavender Bath oil- I usually fall asleep. I no longer take library books in because once I nodded off and the book fell in the tub! We all need to carve out alone time to stop and recharge our batteries.

Anonymous said...

My fiance and I both loves gnomes. In fact we even have one that we take with us on vacations and have more pictures of him then us :)