Saturday, March 19, 2011

luminous.


The full-orbed moon with unchanged ray
Mounts up the eastern sky,

Not doomed to these short nights for aye,

But shining steadily.


She does not wane, but my fortune,

Which her rays do not bless,

My wayward path declineth soon,

But she shines not the less.


And if she faintly glimmers here,

And paled is her light,

Yet alway in her proper sphere

She's mistress of the night.


~Henry David Thoreau


Oh, beautiful (super) moon.
(I'm glad I went out when I did...soon the moon was cloud covered and the rain rolled in!)
.

5 comments:

Sally said...

These are gorgeous pictures, Denise! I missed it, as I was (am) sick...thank you for sharing!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you got to see it! We're still under hazy clouds...for days now, but at least it's not bitter cold!

dawn klinge said...

Wow! That is such a beautiful, clear shot of the moon that you got. I saw it last night too....what a treat!

Francesca said...

What wonderful captures Denise!

Julie said...

Beautiful photographs! It was cloudy here until about 3 or 4 in the morning (my brother-in-law said he peaked out then and could see it).