Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sewing...hand bag.


I know, I know, more sewing. But my little people have recently been playing happily together and thus allowing me to sew a little bit every other day or so without the - pay attention to me/too loud/what are you doing/let me touch the knobs on that sewing machine/mooooooooooooooooooooommmmmm...So, I sew!

I made a handbag from the idea I saw in the Bend-the-Rules Sewing book. I just made it a little smaller, added 2 inside pockets, used a quilted lining, and think I need to add a little flap with a button to close it. I have a floral liking person in mind that it would make a good gift for!

2 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Oh--it's so pretty that I could almost eat it.

I love the little roses. Where did you find the fabric?

denise said...

At a quilting store in a small town about 15 miles south of Madison: http://www.quiltforge.com/.

The line is the Barbara Brandeburg/Cabbage Rose line, and I have seen those fabrics in many stores, so I bet it is available in your part of the country or online.

Denise